6634 was built at Swindon Works in 1928 (lot No 252) and was a member of a class of 200. This class was designed for use hauling the heavy coal trains in the Welsh Valleys. Although built for freight they could be used on passenger trains at speed up to 60 miles per hour. Shedded for many years at Pontypool Road she was withdrawn in April 1964 after travelling 567,794 miles. Sold to the famous Barry Scrapyard of Woodhams Bros. where she remained until 1979. Then a group of East Somerset Railway members launched a fund to save an
ex-G.W.R locomotive. After a detailed look around the Scrapyard 6634 was in a better condition than could be expected and was selected for preservation. After two year's of fund-raising she was moved by road from Barry on Saturday, 20th June 1981. With permission of Foster Yeoman Ltd she was offloaded at Tor Works at Merehead Quarry, It was here that work was carried out to allow the locomotive up to standard to move from Merehead to Cranmore. On 30th June 1981 she arrived at Cranmore hauled by class 47 diesel 47106.Was cosmetically restored before the loco entered the workshop for a total rebuild where it now resides.
Has now been sold to Pete Waterman for restoration at Crewe.